Monday, July 06, 2009

recipe of the week

My host was kind enough to teach me a recipe last week and make a delicious lunch for us, which I thought I would share. It was fun to work as her sous chef, she gave me very detailed directions and showed me exactly what she wanted me to do. The reciped here is for gazpacho, a cold tomato based soup, which we made in a industrial strength blender that my host seems to use for everything. I am sure though that an american style blender would suffice.

Gazpacho
  • 1 kilo tomato
  • 1 half white or yellow onion
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 lemon, with the peel and pith removed
  • 1 half cup olive oil
  • 1-2 bell peppers
  • 2-3 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon (maybe a bit less) salt
Quarter everything that can be quartered. Fit as much of it as you can in the blender (if all of the tomatoes don´t fit, you can add more later), except for the water. Blend, then add the rest of the tomatoes and the water to thin as you prefer.

No comments: