Monday, July 20, 2009

I´m back

Sorry for the week of no posts. There has been an influx of jovenes (teens) at the school, and they monopolize the computers. So it is hard to get a minute to check my email, I actually told one of them that he should get off the computer for another student because he was playing internet games while this girl was waiting to use the computer to check her email. Oh, the jovenes!
The other change is that I started going to afternoon classes taught by the teachers in training here at CLIC. The classes are really good, and often better than the ones that we go to in the mornings with the real professors. The best part is that these classes are free. It reminds me alot of the experience I had in grad school in the clinic. It seemed that the therapy that a client would recieve at our clinic (with clinicians in training) was better than some of the therapy given by professionals in the real world. Not to speak badly about my profession, I don´t think this is true in all cases. But when you are a student, and you have a supervisor watching you through a one way mirror (in my case in the clinic, not in the class here :) ) and disecting your lesson plans and goal, you know you better have your stuff in order. And you plan alot as a student, as I have seen in my afternoon class. All of the lessons are original plans, not from a textbook. They are creative too: to practice future tense, we did palm reading of each other. And another day we had mini clothing stores where we bought and sold clothes. Maybe I can get some ideas to use in therapy :) I am looking forward to what today will bring in the afternoon class...

No comments: