Friday, July 03, 2009

Alcazar

I am a bit behind on the writing... on tuesday I went to the palace located here in Sevilla named Alcazar. I didn´t know anything about it when I went, just that someone invited me along and I said yes. So it turns out that this palace dates back to the 14th century, and was the palace for the king of Spain (Sevilla was the original capital of Spain if I remember correctly). The articheture and details are incredible, so many rooms covered in beautiful and ornate tile. It was a nice escape from the heat of the city too, with all of the stone and tile rooms. There were many gardens too, it was incredibly large inside considering that it is in the middle of the city. We found some peacocks and baby ducks in the gardens, but were unsuccessful in our attempts to get the peacock to open it´s feathers. I remember in San Pedro as a child, it was pretty easy to do if you chased them, maybe I don´t look as scary to a peacock now than I did as a child. For some reason, I can´t get my camera to upload the pics in the correct format. Hopefully I will figure it out so I can show you all beautiful Alcazar.

No comments: