Tuesday, November 29, 2005

We're going to party like it's your birthday

Still recovering from a week-long b-day celebration, for all of those who forgot. It all started Tuesday with tulips from my sweetie and ended by Sunday with a trunk full of wine. This birthday was definately a good one, as witnessed by the pictures.


I spent the actual day working, which makes me really feel like a grown-up. Then there was a fancy dinner with King that I would see later again that night....The evening ended with a Sex and the City inspired night on the town at the endlessly 'hip' Blue Monkey Lounge. It was raging from the moment we got there. I think I started to have too much to drink when I started to pose with my 'sexy face' for all of the pictures. By the end of the night I had a new love for my dearest friend Irene who is very good at holding my hair and King who helps a girl in 6 inch heels walk up a flight of stairs with ease.

The celebration and drinking continued during a tour of Southern Cali's wine country with great friends Katie and Mike. We partied it up Sideways style through Solvang and SLO. The trip began in the elusive Santa Barbara, where streets are not what they claim to be, where we all continued our pursuit of veganism, though 3 of the 4 of us fell off the wagon later that night. I learned phrases like "The full bouquet of this Cab has a rich finish of leather and pencil shavings". After spending the evening in a 4 star condominium courtesy of Ameri Flight, we were scheduled to meet up with Oprah at her cafe in SLO but were disappointed to find that she closes her restaurant at 2:00! All was not lost, and we finished the trip with more wine. By the time we arrived back in LA, we were all alittle bit wiser and alittle bit tipsy.


The vines were beautiful this time of year. The grapes though left something to be desired.

1 comment:

Emily said...

happy birthday nicole!!! i hope it was super - i was thinking about you! :) i hope the GRE went really well too - sorry i haven't called recently - i'd love to hang out sometime though!