Monday, August 31, 2009

moving day

I have successfully moved out of the storage unit/psychiatric ward and into the new apartment. No matter how many times I move and how much stuff I accumulate, why is it that I always find something else that I need to buy at the new place?
On the list this time is curtains, stylish boxes to make use of the new trend of open shelving in every piece of furniture they now sell, and a bath mat that doesn't clash horribly with the new bathroom. Is it ridiculous that I am buying a new bath mat because the other one doesn't match the colors of the new bathroom? I thought that Europe had changed me, and that I wasn't going to be a wasteful American any more.....that lasted 3 weeks.
I do have to say though, as I unpacked and moved, I was happy to see how much of my furniture was inherited (read: stolen.... no-just joking mom) from friends. On that list is my bed, desk, bookcase, and dresser. Maybe I was secretly European all along.....

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Ross . . .great place for baskets for open shelving and also bath matts to match whatever color bathroom you have. I just went through all that myself with our new place. Good luck!