Tuesday, August 19, 2008

a new endevour

I got my fall placement recently, which will be at a hospital that is a bike ride from my house. I don't think I'll be able to ride a bike there though, considering my dress code includes heels and dress pants or a skirt. It's a nice idea though. My supervisor gave me a sneak peak of what I will get to do. It's a long list of alot of new things that I have never done, including swallowing evals (bedside fiberoptic endoscopic video!, meaning we stick a tiny camera up your nose and down your throat) and therapy, traumatic brain injury, stroke (I have worked with stroke patients actually, just not acute), tumor board (wow, didn't know speech therapists sat on tumor boards), craniofacial clinic (I saw a bit of this in Mexicali, but I am really excited to get this chance again-- this would include stuff like cleft palate and cleft lip), voice disorders, stuttering, and motor speech disorders. phew-- I am nervous already, trying to enjoy the rest of this break but maybe I should be preparing??

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Two things: (1) no matter how much preparing you do it won't be enough so instead you should just enjoy your vacation and (2) you should totally ride your bike to work, I would assume there is a bathroom there you could change in

Glad to hear things are going well!