Tuesday, October 23, 2007

In a haze


If you haven't heard yet, it seems that all parts of southern California are on fire. San Diego is currently battling six fires. Between the two largest fires, The Harris fire and Witchcreek fire, 700 homes have been destroyed and 100 commercial properties.


This is a picture of what I saw yesterday out of my bedroom window. The smoke would be from the Harris fire which is southeast of us.


And this is a map of the Harris fire. The little yellow dot is where I live, so as you can see still quite a bit away.


My allergies and asthma have calmed down a bit through the night (yesterday they were really bad), but are getting worse again this morning. Lots of sneezing and what feels like a restricted throat. And the smoke outside my window has now dissipated into a haze.

On a happier note-- school is still closed today! So it gives me a chance to be productive and get a paper written that is supposed to be due tomorrow. I am looking forward to going to a coffee shop to work in a bit: I have yet to leave the house in the past 24 hours so it will be nice to get out!

1 comment:

Adventurous Twenty-Something said...

Glad to hear the fires aren't close to you but I understand the annoyance of all the smoke. Allison's Grandpa lives in Escondido and has been evacuated from his house. Good luck with the paper!